Dasia! Thank you for yummy perfumes from Possets! When I opened the envelope this delicious scent spilled out! I am still trying the little vials. What I have dabbed on so far has lasted from early morning until long into the night. And they sent two extra scents, too - the entire Possets main selection here! THANK YOU! They are wonderful! They have such depth in their notes, such layers of fragrance mixed together! Delightfully complex!
Aja! Thank you for the amazing goody bag of stuff for both me and the Chaos Crew! I LOVE the kitty fabric you used for the foot snuggies (or whatever they are called). I told my mother about them and again, she got envious.
Shu got a little upset with the gift for Eiri (who hasn't arrived here yet) and chibi Eiri attempted to claim it as his own. Luckily, chibi Shu swayed him with an offer of sex and cEiri let it be. I have all of this chronicled on 'film' and will start working on adjusting the shots and writing up the photostory for the doll lj when I can get my back working again.
Last Monday, rat took me to a local sushi, sake and steak place for my birthday. I would post the website but they don't seem to have one! They are shooting themselves in the foot by not having one. It was more upscale than we expected, but the food was wonderful. rat's steak was absolutely delicious and my CA sushi was wonderfully fresh. Now before you go all nuts on me about eating CA sushi and how it is not 'real' sushi - I happen to LIKE the flavours and crunch together and this stuff did not have that rubbery chewy rice found at all-you-can-eat Asian places. The wasabi was spicy and flavourful, too. The pickled ginger could have been a little more thinly sliced so I could mash it up with the wasabi more, but I managed.
We shared a mango cheesecake on the recommendation of our wait, who said it was the best she had tasted, and she was from NY. It was nice, creamy and light, not that super-thick stuff usually sold at nice places.
I was really happy rat took me someplace I would enjoy. So I am going to take him to a (Yuck!) nice fried chicken place he wants to try for his birthday this coming Wednesday.
This past Saturday night, we went out with the folks to Ded Lobster (with coupons) to do all the birthdays at one sitting. With three people celebrating birthdays so close after the winter holidays, it got to be ridiculous for us to do three separate celebrations after a while. Trying to find TIME to do three got to be a chore! So we do one now. Besides, we are not children anymore and the birthday hype is not such a big deal anymore. Maybe go for it every five years, when you hit the decades and the mid-decades.
I found out my mother will be turning 75 on the 16th. WTF?!?!??!?!? My mother looks like she is in her mid to late 50's!!! SERIOUSLY!!!
She could not believe I turned 49 on the 8th, either...
Oh, has anyone seen the movie, "The Guru"? It's a mixture of Bollywood dance numbers, the movie Grease dance numbers, New York cabbies, searching for your inner self, thoughts about wedding cakes and the porn industry. Yes, it's a comedy...
Okay, I need to put this old back of mine down for a while. Hurray for being off for MLK tomorrow, especially since it is supposed to ice over tonight!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*